I’m always looking for new ways to add healthy ingredients to my meals. Lately, I’ve been working with matcha green tea powder and fresh ginger. Not only are they both highly nutritious, but they also impart unique flavors to anything you add them to.
Below are just a few of the benefits of matcha and ginger—as well as my favorite healthy recipes for smoothies, teas, baked goods, and everyday dinners.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
To produce matcha, green tea leaves are steamed, dried, and ground. The result is a somewhat bitter, earthy-scented powder that can easily be used in many culinary applications.
From a health standpoint, matcha is considered to be anti-carcinogenic and may help reduce the risk of certain cancers. If you’re used to drinking lots of coffee to get you through the day, matcha is a tasty alternative that provides more sustainable energy.
Ready to try it? Here are the ultimate must-try matcha recipes…
- Matcha Latte: While you can find matcha lattes in many coffee shops, it’s healthier and cheaper to DIY. Try this Vegan Matcha Latte recipe from the Minimalist Baker.
- Energizing Green Smoothie Bowl: For a quick breakfast, go for this simple, sweet, and satisfying smoothie from The Glowing Fridge.
- Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies: If you’re in the mood for a mindful indulgence, try these minty matcha cookies from Detoxinista. As an added bonus, they’re vegan and Paleo!
Fresh ginger adds pungent, aromatic flavors to all types of dishes, from soups and stews to stir-fries. It’s anti-inflammatory and immune boosting, which makes it a powerful way to keep cold and flu germs at bay.
While fresh ginger is a staple ingredient for many, here are a few new ways to enjoy it this season…
- Thai Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry: Full of flavor, protein, and, of course, ginger, this recipe is a real dinner winner from The Kitchn.
- Honey Lemon Ginger Tea: There’s nothing more soothing than this warming tea from The Spruce, especially when you’re feeling under the weather.
- Cauliflower Coconut Soup with Ginger and Turmeric: This nutrient-dense and decadent soup from Rebecca Katz is spicy, creamy, and dairy free. It’s the perfect way to warm up on a cool day.
No time to make these healthy recipes?
Let Secret Ingredient put mouthwatering meals and snacks on your plate every week. Contact us to learn more about our Personal Chef services.