There are some mornings it seems impossible to get out the door on time. It’s easy during the morning rush to skip breakfast altogether or grab something on your way. Often those quick breakfast options are full of unwanted calories and sugar and leave you starving by mid-morning and set you up for overeating later in the day.
Why breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast can improve your overall health, help with weight loss, give you energy and set the stage for smart decisions all day. Many people go wrong by eating a breakfast consisting of mostly carbohydrates and little fiber or protein. It is important to balance your breakfast with good carbohydrates (whole grains, fruits) and fiber with some protein, which will help to satisfy your appetite and keep you fueled throughout the morning.
Start your day with these healthy breakfasts.
We love recipes that allow for versatility based on dietary and taste preferences.
- We love jessfuel.com’s Spinach and Red Pepper Mini Frittatas. This recipe is wonderful because it is full of vegetables and protein. It is easy to substitute different vegetables, swap out milk for a dairy-free option and add meat if you want a little extra protein. We love that you can make these frittatas ahead of time, so the only thing you need to do on your busy mornings is heat them and enjoy!
- Looking for a gluten-free and vegan breakfast option? A Secret Ingredient seasonal favorite is tasty-yummies.com’s Chewy Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars. It is easy to add chocolate chips, raisins, flax seed or coconut to make these bars your own.
- Oatmeal is a great breakfast for weight loss however slow-cooking oatmeal on the stove can add stress to your already rushed morning and many instant varieties have lots of added sugars and artificial flavors. That’s why we love this Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats recipe. It’s easy to prep the night before and perfect for busy mornings.
- Who doesn’t love a muffin in the morning? These Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins are delicious and easy to make ahead.
- Smoothies are always a great option because it’s easy to throw ingredients into the blender and quickly have a healthy to-go option. Try this Green Smoothie and feel free to use fresh or frozen berries of your choice and kale or spinach.
Secret Ingredient Offers Healthy Breakfast Options
Did you know that Secret Ingredient now offers healthy breakfast, lunch and snack options for all of our clients? Let us take the stress out of meal time, save you time and help you avoid eating unhealthy take-out. Contact us today to learn more!