Are you tired of your usual sandwich? Add a little variety to your lunch-time routine with a healthy wrap. They are quick and easy to prepare and you can add your favorite veggies and protein. Wraps are a great way to get a complete and balanced meal onto your plate. Plus, they don’t require a lot of cleanup. Enjoy a wrap with a cup of soup on a cold winter day.
Why You Should Love Wraps Too
- It’s often hard to feel like you are eating enough vegetables in the cold, winter months. Wraps are an easy way to get some extra servings of fresh vegetables into your diet. Just saute, bake or eat raw any of your favorite vegetables and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper or your favorite salad dressing. We promise the variety of colors and flavor will brighten any cold winter day and leave your taste buds singing.
- Add your favorite protein. Wraps give you the freedom to add whatever ingredients you like. You can even customize them for every family member. Add chicken, fish, lean beef or tofu for a vegetarian option.
- Breakfast Wraps are a great way to start your day. Scramble an egg or tofu, add some fresh spinach, avocado and salsa and wrap in a whole wheat tortilla. This will surely keep you satiated for hours.
- Prepare the ingredients ahead of time. Chop lots of your favorite vegetables and cook your favorite protein and store in the fridge. You can easily assemble your wrap for a healthy grab-and-go lunch or quick weeknight dinner.
- Keep calories in check by using low-calorie and low-carb wraps. You can find these wraps in most grocery stores in the bakery section. Gluten-free options and a variety of flavors are also available in most grocery stores.
- Add a bit of flavor to your wrap by adding low-calorie condiments. Some of our favorites are hummus, salsa, balsamic vinaigrette or a yogurt-based salad dressing.
- Use up leftovers by putting the ingredients into a wrap the next day for lunch. Did you have tacos last night? Have a leftover rotisserie chicken? Prepare a few too many vegetables? These leftovers can make a healthy and satisfying wrap.
We hope we’ve inspired you to get out of your rut and make a healthy wrap for your next meal. But if you still just can’t find the time to prepare weekday meals, contact Secret Ingredient. We prepare a variety of nutritious and delicious wraps for our clients, as well as other fresh and healthy choices for your family.